Following the easing of government restrictions, the FFA coarse section waters will reopen from Wednesday 13th May at 8 am.
Members are reminded that when fishing that they always follow government guidelines and practice social distancing and if you do have symptoms please self-isolate at home.
To support the Government guidelines the committee has imposed the following temporary restrictions. These will be continually reviewed pending further Government direction.
1. Social distancing to be followed at all times
2. Other than the committee, and unless with express permission from the committee, Members must only be visiting the waters to fish.
o NO visiting other members.
o NO pre baiting
o The feeding programme to cease
o NO non-members to visit association waters / members
3. Junior members must be accompanied by an adult from the same household.
4. One member per peg (unless see 3).
5. Overnight fishing will be limited to 2 consecutive nights no return to any association water for a period of 72hrs or if 2 separate nights fished only 2 nights within 5 day period.
6. Ormsgill Reservoir – Members fishing are reminded that this water is in the Public domain and are to be extra vigilant when in the vicinity of the public, please ensure that the minimum of 15m spacing between each members swim as recommended by the Angling Trust is adhered too and that all paths are clear to enable the general public to pass with in the social distancing guidelines, if the swim is not able to cater for this requirement, it is not to be fished.
Anyone found to be in breach of this guidance will be asked to leave association waters with the strong possibility of further implications including the withdrawing of their membership (for the duration of social distancing restrictions) or (for a 12 month period) with re admission at the committee’s discretion.
As I’m sure you will appreciate this is extremely difficult times for all and would just like to thank you for all your continuous support, please all stick with what our government advises through this period as we don’t want to contribute to going backwards and having to close the waters again.
Most of all take care and look out for yourself and fellow members please feel free to contact a committee member if you have questions.
Thanks, Stay Alert, Stay Safe, Be safe 👍
With regards to item 6 – Ormsgill Reservoir
Following consultation with the Council regarding the social distancing guidance on the reservoir, it has been agreed that these measures cannot be achieved for the entirety of the reservoir, therefore the committee has made the decision to impose further restrictions on this water.
The following areas are not to be fished:
1. The Railway bank
2. The Pylon pegs
3. Garages peg (nr tallyho)
The Concrete peg in the shallows can be fished; however, it is restricted from dawn till dusk i.e. no night fishing.
Again the committee must stress that anyone found to be in breach of this guidance will be asked to leave association waters with the strong possibility of further implications including the withdrawing of their membership (for the duration of social distancing restrictions) or (for a 12 month period) with re admission at the committee’s discretion.
The Angling Trust is anticipating further guidance/Clarity from the Government tomorrow, this guidance is expected to require people to return to their homes every night, regrettably this has an impact on any member that intends to fish at night. The committee must follow this guidance and therefore made the decision only to allow day fishing on all association waters until further notice.
As you are all aware these are difficult times and guidance is changing daily, the hope is that the Angling trust continues to negotiate with the Government with the view to alleviating this restriction, as soon as this is clear members will be notified.
In view of the above, the gates on the Roanhead complex will be opened at 06.00am and closed at 20.00pm, any member found fishing on any association water after dusk will be subject to the disciplinary measures as previously stated.but for tomorrow the time will remain 08.00 open
Following the easing of government restrictions.We can resume all our match callender events so look in your permits for dates of matches.